ACCELERATING GENDER EQUALITY, ADVANCING WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP
Launched in 2017, Co-Impact is a global philanthropic collaborative that brings funders together to support locally-rooted coalitions working to transform health, education and economic systems for millions of people across the Global South. We joined Co-Impact’s Gender Fund to specifically support women-led organisations in Africa, Asia and Latin America, committed to elevating women and girl’s power, agency and leadership at all levels.
The Gender Fund offers large, unrestricted, long-term and flexible funding, complemented by organisational strengthening for predominantly women-led Global South organisations and coalitions. Over the next 10 years, it seeks to:
- Change systems to achieve gender-equitable outcomes in health, education and economic opportunity
- Change institutions to advance women’s leadership in the fields of law and economics
- Dismantle structural barriers and discriminatory gender norms holding women and girls back
- Advance women and girls’ voice, power and agency
- Amplify scale and impact by investing in and advocating for evidence informed solutions
Co-Impact’s Gender Fund seek to raise and disburse over $1 billion over the next 10 years such that:
will have better healthcare, quality education, and opportunity to work and thrive regardless of gender, ethnicity, caste, or race.
Photo credits : Header © Paula Bronstein / Getty Images
Challenge : © Cartier Philanthropy / Andrea Borgarello